ROHN H30 Foot Telescoping TV Antenna Mast
Made in the USA!
Used for Off-Air TV Antenna, Amateur (Ham) Radio, Wireless Internet Antenna, MMDS and Cell Phone Signal Booster, Emergency Dispatch and Public Utilities Installations. All aerial Telescoping push-up Masts are galvanized and come with hardware designed to support light duty aerial antennas. The unique Rohn design features interior tube flanging combined with a double crimped exterior tube to produce a stronger and more stable joint than most common mast. Each section extends deeper into the lower tubes than most designs, adding to the masts stability. Height listed describes the overall pipe length. Due to overlapping sections of pipe, the extended masts will be shorter. This Mast fully extends to about 27' Feet. The shipping dimensions are 10' feet x 4" x 4" and ships Freight Only to Commercial and Residential addresses.
Estimated Usable Extended Height is around 27 Feet.
Mast Section Dimensions are:
(1) 10'0" length x 1.25" O.D. (16 AWG)
(2) 9'10" length x 1.50" O.D. (18 AWG)
(3) 9'04" length x 1.75" O.D. (18 AWG)
Compare to Channel Master 1630, 1830 Telescopic Masts!
This Item Ships LTL Freight ONLY...
Remember those older AM/FM Portable Radios with the antenna that you extended by pulling it out? Or the Radio Antennas on older cars that would pop- out, extend and retract when you turned on the radio? This Mast isn't an Antenna, but it extends and retracts by hand in similar fashion. Available in 20', 30', 40' and 50' heights. All ROHN telescoping masts are pre-galvanized and come assembled with hardware. Erection is made by simply connecting guys and brackets to the attached unique heavy duty rolled edge guy rings and clamps, extend each section one at a time (starting with the innermost section), insert the locking cotter pins, rotating the tubes to a locked position, and tightening the clamps. Repeat the process on each successive section until fully erect.
The unique ROHN Products design features interior tube flanging combined with a double crimped exterior tube to produce a stronger and more stable joint than most common masts. This design exclusive also prevents the sections from accidentally pulling apart and allows disassembly by pulling each section out through the lower end.
Each section extends deeper in to the lower tubes than most other designs, adding still further to the stability of the structure.
This heavy duty series uses 1-1/4" 16 gauge galvanized tubing for top section. All other sections are 18 gauge.
1. Secure base and anchors (sold separately).
2. Attach lowered mast to base.
3. Secure guy lines to the lower Guy Ring and attach to anchors. Align the mast vertically by tightening the Guy Lines.
4. Secure upper Guy Ring using the appropriate Mast Clamp to desired location on the upper Tube (see note 8 on page 10).
5. Secure appropriate length guy lines to the upper Guy Ring and let them hang.
6. Raise the upper Tube and inset the cotter pin. Make sure that the cotter pin is inside the notch in the inside tube.
7. Secure the cotter pin and tighten the mast clamp.
8. Secure appropriate length guy lines to the next highest Guy Ring, and let them hang.
9. Raise the next smallest Tube and insert the cotter pin. Make sure that the cotter pin is inside the notch in the inside tube.
10. Secure the cotter pin and tighten the mast clamp.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 until all sections have been raised and are secured.
12. Attach all hanging Guy Lines to their respective anchor. Align the mast vertically by tightening the Guy Lines. Make sure to work your way up the mast while tightening.
This Buyers Guide has will answer many questions you may have on this Product Line. For more detailed information and Specification Sheets covering many aspects of Various Parts, Accessories and Installation Scenarios... Please refer to the "Telescopic Mast" Link appearing in the Footer of this Page Below!
Telescoping Masts are not recommended for commercial, CB or beam antenna installations.