T&B SNS1P6U Snap-N-Seal RG6 F Compression Connector
Model SNS1P6U Ultimate Connectors, the newest addition to the Snap-N-Seal® system. With its user-friendly, pre-positioned and detachably coupled plastic sleeve, the Ultimate Snap-N-Seal Connector incorporates time-proven for a reliable connection! Now you can use the same connector for 6 Series SCTE specification drop cables including 60% braid, tri-shield and quad shield. To reduce assembly time and simplify installation, the plastic sleeve is pre-positioned and detachably coupled to the connector body. The plastic sleeve's separability from the connector body further simplifies difficult installations.The Connector of choice for Advanced Broadband Communication and Satellite companies such as Comcast, Charter, EchoStar (DISH Network), DirecTV and Time Warner.-Bag of 50.
Uses the following Compression Tools:
1098CTnnector replaces SNS6QS
Nut, Post and Collar: Brass
Nut and Collar Finish: Cadmium Plated
with Iridescent Chromate Coating
Post Finish: Tin Plated
O-Rings: Ethylene Propylene
Return Loss: ≥-30 dB up to 1GHz Typical
Insertion Loss: ≤-0.18 dB up to 1GHz Typical
RFI Shielding: -90 dB Typical (60% Bonded Foil)
Cable Retention: 40 lbs min.
Complies to SCTE IPS-SP-401
Cable Insertion Force: <20 lbs Typical
Temperature Rating: -40°F (-40°C)
to 140°F (60°C)
Moisture Migration: Passes ANSI/SCTE 60 2004
Look for the classic design of this Thomas & Betts connector. With its user-friendly, pre-positioned and detachably coupled plastic sleeve, the UltimateTM Snap-N-Seal Connector incorporates time-proven advantages for a reliable connection.
• One connector for 6 Series SCTE specification drop cables including 60% braid, tri-shield and quad shield.
• To reduce assembly time and simplify installation, the plastic sleeve is pre-positioned and detachably coupled to the connector body.
• The plastic sleeve’s separability from the connector body further simplifies difficult installations.
• True 360° compression onto cable ensures superior RF shielding performance.
• Installation requires one-step 1/4” - 1/4” cable preparation.
• Quad-sealed system prevents moisture migration.
• Incorporates an iridescent chromate finish plus UV resistant plastic and O-rings to provide a reliable, environmentally sealed product.
• Cable retention exceeds 40 lb. minimum as specified by the SCTE.
After WWII, 75 Ohm cable has been used as the Transmission Line of Choice for TV, Cable TV and Broadband Signals, Distribution Systems large and small, simply because of its plentiful abundance. As the Industry progressed, It seems there were 10 times as many Connectors as there was Coaxial Cable types, each requiring a Proprietary style of Tool to Fashion the connection with. Most Folks We know stick to using the Connector style that they were introduced to, and the Manufacturer, Make and Model that they have invested in via the Compression or Crimp Tool they own. Whereas before, when each manufactured cable type introduced was paired up with a specific Model Connector from one or several different Manufacturers, many have now settled on providing Connectors whose Braid, Shield and Jacket coverage range is broader in scope, encompassing the designed ability to fit many variations of a particular sized cable. Becoming Universal certainly has its advantages... And RG6 is now the minimum size recommended for any HDTV Satellite, Off-Air DTV or Satellite TV Install. So please consider a transitional investment towards the Universal RG6 Compression Connectors and Universal Compression Tools we offer, as the sourcing of those out-dated Connectors becomes more difficult!